We, ACS audiovisual solutions B.V. (hereafter also: “ACS“), attach great value to the protection of personal data. We do everything in our power to guarantee your privacy, which is why we handle personal data carefully and entirely in agreement with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We do so in the following ways:
- We never share personal data with other parties without good reason.
- We process personal data in accordance with and, insofar as necessary, exclusively for the purpose for which it was provided or for compatible purposes.
- We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to ensure the protection of personal data.
- We are aware of your rights in relation to personal data and will respect these rights.
Below we will explain what personal data we process in relation to you and what we do with this personal data. We will also inform you of your rights.
Processing of personal data of customers, subcontractors and suppliers
We process personal data of our customers, subcontractors and suppliers for the following purposes:
- Implementing an assignment/agreement and/or issuing an assignment;
- Administrative purposes;
Furthermore, we process personal data of our customers for the following purposes:
- Communication about our product and service range and our activities;
- Carrying out a customer satisfaction survey.
For the above purposes, ACS normally processes the following personal data:
- (Business) identification and contact data (such as company name, surname, first name, address, telephone number and e-mail address);
- Personal data (such as language, job title and gender);
- (Business) Bank details, VAT numbers and Chamber of Commerce numbers.
The personal data which ACS requests from its customers, subcontractors and suppliers prior to concluding an agreement are necessary in order to conclude the relevant agreement.
The processing of personal data of our customers, subcontractors and suppliers is based on the following statutory grounds:
- The processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the customer, subcontractor or supplier.
- The processing serves the legitimate interests of ACS: regarding our customers it is important for us to maintain the quality of our services/products at the highest possible level. In addition, we would like to keep our customers informed of our product and service range and our activities for the purpose of maintaining or expanding the relationship with the customer. The internal management of our business is another legitimate interest.
Our customers always have the option to indicate that they no longer wish to receive our communications. They can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com, stating “Address registration” in the subject line.
- The processing of personal data is necessary in order to fulfil a statutory obligation. This applies in any case to the personal data that must be retained pursuant to tax legislation.
ACS retains the personal data of its customers, subcontractors and suppliers for a period of seven years following the end of the agreement.
Unless the customer indicates during that period that it no longer appreciates communications about our products, services and activities, we will retain the personal data required in that respect for as long as this is necessary for the achievement of that purpose. Customers can unsubscribe from such communications by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Address registration” in the subject line.
Customers requiring more information about the retention period of the personal data can contact us via email@example.com.
Processing of personal data of other recipients of our communications
ACS processes personal data of interested parties for the following purpose:
- Providing information on our product and service range and our activities.
For the above purpose, ACS normally asks interested parties to provide the following personal data:
- (Business) identification and contact data (such as company name, surname, first name, telephone number and e-mail address);
- Personal data (such as language, job title and gender);
The processing of personal data of interested parties is based on the following statutory ground:
- The processing serves the legitimate interests of These legitimate interests consist in attracting new customers and customer relationship management.
ACS will store the personal data of interested parties for as long as this is necessary for the achievement of the above-mentioned purpose and will remove this data in any case if the interested party indicates that it no longer wants to receive the relevant communications. The interested party can do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Address registration” in the subject line.
Interested parties requiring more information about the retention period of the personal data can contact us via email@example.com.
Processing of personal data of applicants
ACS audiovisual solutions collects and processes personal data of applicants in the context of the selection process.
ACS may process the following personal data of applicants:
- identification and contact details (such as surname, first names, address and telephone number);
- personal data (such as date and place of birth, language, nationality, gender);
- data concerning the career history (such as educational qualifications, competence, work experience);
- data concerning the nature and content of previous employments, as well as their termination;
- other data with a view to the assessment by ACS whether the applicant is suitable for the position, is reliable and is a person of integrity, which data may be provided by the applicant or by others. This data may be obtained from public sources, such as social media.
The personal data is processed for the following purposes:
- the assessment of the applicant’s suitability for a position that is or may become vacant;
- the assessment of the applicant’s reliability and integrity;
- communication with the applicant.
The processing of personal data of applicants is based on the following statutory ground:
- The processing serves the legitimate interests of These legitimate interests consist in ACS being able to recruit skilled and competent personnel as well as being able to trust on the reliability and integrity of her personnel.
The personal data will be retained during the selection process and for a period not exceeding four weeks after the end of this process.
Processing of personal data for our websites and via social media
We process personal data of participants in conferences by posting photographs/videos of those conferences on our websites (www.acsaudiovisual.com and www.eventresult.com) and on our social media accounts. We do so in order to provide our customers with examples of projects we carried out (as a source of inspiration). The statutory ground for this is that such processing serves our legitimate interest, i.e. the promotion of our products/services.
In doing so, we take due account of the privacy of the persons appearing in the photographs/videos. These persons can object to such publication, whereupon we will immediately cease processing the relevant personal data.
The personal data will be retained for as long as this is necessary for the purposes for which this data is processed, and will be removed in any case if the person appearing in the photographs/videos objects to this.
Processing of personal data of website visitors
Provision of personal data to third parties
We may provide your personal data to third parties if this is necessary for the achievement of the purposes described above.
Thus, we use the services of a third party for the purpose of:
- keeping the (accounting) records and processing orders;
- carrying out a customer satisfaction survey;
- operating a CRM system;
- operating the IT environment and managing the servers;
- managing the website.
In order to achieve the purposes set out above, we may have to transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area. In doing so, we will always ensure that your privacy rights remain guaranteed.
For example, we may provide personal data to parties based in the United States, insofar as such parties have been certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Also when providing personal data to other parties outside the European Union, we will make sure that the necessary measures are taken in order to offer appropriate safeguards with regard to your privacy rights, or that this party is based in a country in respect of which the European Commission has decided that it is safe to store personal data there (adequacy decision).
You have the right to request access to or the alteration or removal of your personal data which we are processing. In addition, you can request us – briefly put – to suspend a specific processing operation of your personal data until a particular objection or problem has been resolved (right to restriction of the processing). You can also object to the processing of your personal data in order to end this processing, insofar as we are processing this personal data on the basis of a legitimate interest (right to object). Under certain conditions, you also have the right to request that particular data provided by you be transferred to yourself or, on your instructions, directly to a third party (right to data portability).
We may ask you to prove your identity before we process your request to exercise one of these rights. In assessing your request, we will apply the statutory requirements in force.
You can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you should have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, then please contact us directly. We will do our utmost to resolve the matter in consultation with you. You will always have the right to submit a complaint to the Personal Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens), the supervisory authority in the area of privacy protection.
If you have any questions, then please contact us via email@example.com. We will be happy to help you.
Controller’s contact details
ACS is responsible for compliance with privacy legislation, also when operating under the name EventResult.
Our contact details are as follows:
ACS audiovisual solutions B.V. (for the attention of the HR Department)
1013 BE Amsterdam